This page is about CAMPING along the Lavender Federation Trial and Lavender Cycling Trail.
Walkers and Cyclists wishing to find safe camping spots can use this list as a rough guide.
Please – if you find a great place that is not on this list – LET US KNOW
and the same goes for if you find something listed here that is no longer available or an option (please let us know – thank you!)
Various rules apply – quite often this is to book with a local council before you camp.
this information is to be taken ‘as a guide only’ as various sites may be closed at times,
So we suggest planning ahead and booking ahead. Remember also that WATER can be the main issue in some sections.
New Information has come to hand about some sites which are listed here – NOT BEING AVAILABLE TO CAMP.
As we wish this to be an informative guide, rather than remove the listings we will mark them as “No Camping” so that you are aware of the restrictions.
Don’t forget to check our Accommodation Listing as well, it has some great alternatives if camping is not available in the area.
- Murray Bridge – There should be many options here – check our Accommodation Listing and also Google Caravan Parks
- Monarto Equestrian Centre See Group Accommodation Listing
- Monarto Oval – Camping, water and toilets. Large groups using kitchen facilities fee required. Contact Murray Bridge Info Centre, 1800 442 784 (currently you have to collect key from the info centre first)
- Harry’s Rockleigh Bush Camp – call ahead 0417 833 640 essential. 380 Critchley Rd, Rockleigh, South Australia
Authentic bush camping experience on private farm. Basic facilities inc toilet, hot shower, drinking water & camp kitchen. Dog friendly. Bush camp with onsite facilities – $10 per person per night. On site caravan available $45 per night – BYO Linen. No Eftpos – Cash payments required. More info
- Old Rockleigh Schoolhouse – Rockleigh Road, with soon to be upgraded toilets (Apr 2022) this approved camping site is shown on Map 1, it is right on both the Lavender Cycling Trail and the Kidman Trail and 3 kilometres from the Walking Trail near Pym Road. (To see inside the Old Schoolhouse call Rockleigh Progress Association member, Barbara Pym on 0428 387 060 (in advance please).
- Tungkillo – Hall, 10 Brinkworth Road, Camping, water and toilets. Council permission required. See Group Accommodation Listing
- Mt. Pleasant – Mount Pleasant Caravan Park (Talunga Recreation Park) See Accommodation Listing – Map 3
- Springton Oval – Graetz Terrace, Springton. water and toilets. NO CAMPING.
- Eden Valley – Caravan Park – See Accommodation Listing – Map 3
- Keyneton. Park (Oval) – Overnight Camping for cyclists and walkers, public toilets and a shelter near the function rooms where campers are allowed. Keyneton Park Committee – President Chris Parvis 0412 884 456 to book.
A $5 per head donation to keep the facilities going is suggested. Keyneton Oval is right on the Lavender Cycling Trail and on a spur of the Lavender Walking Trail. Note that although there is no shop or eating facilities available in the town, previous campers say it is an excellent camp site.
- Moculta. Recreation Park, 780 Hutton Vale Road, Moculta – water and toilets. NO CAMPING
- Truro. Weighbridge Motel & Cafe, 85674406 or 0422593404 (need to check phone number and if they still pick up as new owners)
- Dutton, small BBQ area where some hardy campers do ok – NO water (but locals are very supportive) – there are pickups from Eudunda if required.
- Neales Flat
- Footside Farm – See Group Accommodation Listing Camping of Single campers ok too – Phone – can supply meals & pickups.
- The Barn At Wombat Flat – camping available also rooms – Phone – can supply pickups.
- Eudunda – Eudunda Caravan Park – Camping with or without facilities, book ahead See Accommodation Listing – Map 4
- Point Pass – Camping at Oval. Contact Point Pass Hotel. 08 85811 556o or Di – See Accommodation Listing – Map 5
- Robertstown – Robertstown Oval, 7 Commercial Street, Robertstown, book ahead for key 08 8581 7209 – See Accommodation Listing – Map 5
- Waterloo. Water, Toilets and Camping at the Tom Kruse shelter
- Manoora – Camping at Oval. Contact Pat Quick, 04 08100 446
- Mintaro – Water, Toilets, RV friendly town. possible camping. Council permission required 08 8842 6400
- Watervale – Toilets and water, possible camping. Council permission required 08 8842 6400
- Clare – Caravan Park 1800 422 721.
- Callington – Callington Oval. Camping Contact Paul Thompson, 0433 928 216
Find the nearest toilet by completing a search on The National Public Toilet Map